START-UP: LEARNING TO PAINT
This two-day workshop is suitable for beginners who would like to start painting and don't know where to begin.
It can be a daunting decision to try something for the first time so tutor Kathy Barber, will guide everyone through each exercise in a relaxed and supportive way.
The workshop includes:
• drawing exercises to silence your inner critic
• the basics of observation drawing
• colour mixing in a limited palette
• an introduction to still-life painting
• an introduction to abstraction painting
At the end of the two-day workshop, participants will understand the basics of working with acrylic paints as well as applying these skills to undertake a still-life or simple abstraction painting.
All materials are included – just bring your positivity! (and your lunch!!)